Step 1: Request your personal NMLS account number:
The NMLS system is used to process MLO licensing requests for all 50 states. Creating an account and obtaining an ID number is a simple process that only takes a few minutes to complete.
1. Visit the NMLS online registration portal to request an NMLS account.
2. Select the Individual option.
3. If prompted, complete the security captcha and click next.
4. Provide the required information and submit it to create your NMLS account.
Step 2: Complete Your NMLS Pre-License Education:
NMLS SAFE Mortgage Pre-License Training – Required
All states require 20 hours of mortgage education from an NMLS-approved mortgage school.
‣ 3 hours of federal law
‣ 3 hours of ethics
‣ 2 hours of non-traditional mortgage lending training
‣ 12 hours of electives
If you are seeking a new mortgage license, be sure to enroll in the 20 hours SAFE course through OnCourse Learning or Mortgage Educators in addition to your state-specific education requirements. US Mortgage Lenders LLC is not affiliated with either company. We took a survey with our top Mortgage Loan Originators and these two companies were both recommended the most. Find out what your state’s specific requirements are for mortgage pre-licensing education. Download FREE study material here.
Step 3: Pass the NMLS Mortgage licensing exam, also known as the SAFE MLO Test:
Once you’ve completed your pre-license education, you’ll need to schedule an appointment to take the National Test Component with Uniform State Content through your NMLS account.
Test details are as follows:
‣ 120 questions (115 scored)
‣ 190 minutes
‣ Cost $110
The SAFE MLO National exam covers:
‣ Federal mortgage-related laws and ethics
‣ MLO activities
‣ General mortgage knowledge
The Uniform State Content (UST) portion of the exam covers:
‣ Regulatory authority, responsibilities, and limitations
‣ Definitions and documents
‣ License law and regulation
Step 4: Apply for your NMLS license:
Once you’ve completed the required pre-licensing education and achieved passing scores on the National and any applicable state-required tests, you will be able to apply for your mortgage loan originator state license on the NMLS website.
To apply for your MLO license:
‣ Login in to your NMLS account.
‣ Select the filing tab on the top of the screen.
‣ Select Individual if you are applying as an individual.
‣ Click Request New/Update.
If you’re directly responsible for paying the filing fees, click continue.
If you’re already employed with a mortgage company, your employer may handle this step for you. These fees are not refundable. Check with your employer before you proceed.
‣ Click Add to apply for your state license.
‣ Select the appropriate License and click Next.
‣ Select your state’s Mortgage Loan Originator License and click Next.
‣ Verify that the information is correct and click Next.
‣ Read the final page carefully before proceeding. If the information is correct click Finish.
You’re now ready to finalize your application!
Step 5: Complete Background Checks, Credit Check, and estimated Fees:
The SAFE Mortgage Licensing Act of 2008 established licensing and registration standards for all Mortgage Loan Originators. In order to receive your MLO license, you’ll need to create a Fieldprint account for fingerprinting and register for an appointment. In addition, you’ll have to complete the following requirements through your NMLS account and pay the associated fees:
Step 6: Get Sponsored and Grant company accesses Our company NMLS ID is 1108258. Please search for US Mortgage Lenders LLC with the address:
Then your career here at US Mortgage Lenders LLC begins.